Green belts should have perfected the basic and learnt to use proper breathing and timing to generate maximum power to their kicks, strikes and blocks. Blue Belt is where things begin to get serious. Taekwondo is a Martial arts and therefore students are required to attend at least two tournament before Blue belt as it gets harder to compete at a higher belt.
- Projects strong confidence and strength
- Volunteers to demonstrating techniques in front of class or audience.
- Students under 25 years must have attended at least two tournament.
- 30 press-ups
- Clean, sharp and strong kicks, blocks and strikes, using foot or hand parts
- Mastered all basic stance with good balance
- Using proper breathing, timing and reaction hand to generate maximum power.
- Needs to be 11 years old
GREEN BELT /BLUE TAG – 5h KUP GRADING – 3 months
- Various basic hand and foot combinations
- High Inner forearm Block, Front kick, Double punch
- Obverse & Reverse hooking block then obverse punch (from Yul Guk)
- Bending ready “A” stance, side kick, front elbow strike
- Double forearm block
- Kicking Combinations
- Reverse Side Kick
- YUL GOK (+ previous)
- 3 Step Sparring (Sambo Matsoki) No. 8 & 9
- 2 Step Sparring (Ibo Matoski) No. 3 & 4
- Semi – Free Sparring (Ban – Jayoo Matsoki)
- Self defence – Release from double hand strangle hold from the front + previous
- Measure Turning kick (can hold kick for 10 seconds)
- Needs to know the coloured of the belt they are grading for and all previous belt colours.
- Need to know the meanings of their new pattern and all previous patterns
- Need to know what each move in there pattern and step sparring is called and what it is used for.