Red belts are by definition dangerous. So student who want to be Red belt should be physically fit, strong and capable of advanced techniques. Unless they have a good reason, i.e. disability or older adults, should have done 2 tournament by now in either sparring or patterns. The students also started to demonstrate leadership skills by helping the junior students..
- Awesome, extremely confident and powerful, extremely fit
- Very good breath control, reaction, concentration, speed and balance
- Practices leadership skills.
- Able to write down your own defence and counters for 1 step sparring
- Can do 40 press ups
- Can perform all kicks to head height with proper foot shape
- Kicking combination and jumping techniques
- Should have enter entered 1 tournament, sparring or patterns.
- Perform all patterns to competition level.
- Realistic self defence
BLUE BELT – 4h KUP GRADING – 6 months
- Various basic hand and foot combinations
- Joong Gun Combinations
- Hand and foot Sparring Combinations
- Jumping Side Kick
- JOONG GUN (+ previous)
- 3 & 2 Step Sparring
- 1 Step Sparring (Ilbo Matoski)
- Self defence – Against a downward strike + previous
- Free Sparring with safety equipment (Jayoo Matsoki)
- Power test (Breaking boards for adults; bag for kids)
- Needs to know the coloured of the belt they are grading for and all previous belt colours.
- Need to know the meanings of their new pattern and all previous patterns
- Need to know what each move in there pattern and step sparring is called and what it is used for.