Red belts are by definition dangerous. Therefore grading for Red belt, the student needs to be awesome in Taekwondo. Signs of weakness should be resolved before grading for full Red belt in class AND home. They should be physically fit, strong and capable of advanced techniques. Unless they have a good reason should have done 1 tournament by now in either sparring or patterns. The students also started to demonstrate leadership skills by helping the junior students..
- Awesome, extremely confident and powerful, extremely fit
- Very good breath control, reaction, concentration, speed and balance
- Practices leadership skills.
- Able to write down your own defence and counters for 1 step sparring
- Can do 40 press ups
- Can perform all kicks to head height with proper foot shape
- Kicking combination and jumping techniques
- Should have enter entered 1 tournament, sparring or patterns.
- Perform all patterns to competition level.
- Realistic self defence
Blue Belt / Red Tag – 3h KUP GRADING – 6 months
- Various basic hand and foot combinations
- Toi Gye Combinations
- Hand and foot Sparring Combinations
- Jumping Reverse Side Kick
- TOI GYE (+ previous)
- 3 & 2 Step Sparring
- 1 Step Sparring (Ilbo Matoski)
- Self defence – Against a neck lock + previous
- Free Sparring with safety equipment (Jayoo Matsoki)
- Power test (Breaking boards for adults; bag for kids)
- Needs to know the coloured of the belt they are grading for and all previous belt colours.
- Need to know the meanings of their new pattern and all previous patterns
- Need to know what each move in there pattern and step sparring is called and what it is used for.